If you are stressed at work, at home or suffer from anxiety, thermotherapy can be a good remedy to help you relax and unwind. First, choose a heat source, such as a sauna, a hot bath or a steam bath and stay inside for 10 to 20 minutes. The goal is to store as much heat as possible in your body. Then, go directly to a cold water source, either a cold plunge, a river or even your cold shower at home. Immersing your body in cold water will close the pores of your skin, eliminate toxins and activate your blood circulation. In order for your whole body to feel the benefits of this temperature contrast, we suggest soaking yourself from head to toe. A few seconds is all it takes! Finally, we invite you to relax inside or outside until your body returns to normal. Then repeat this ritual!
In addition to acting as a stress reliever, here are some other benefits of the thermotherapy ritual:
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps relieve fatigue, tension and stress
- Relieves muscular pain, arthritis and aches
- Eliminates toxins and deep cleanses the skin
- Improves blood circulation
- Promotes calorie loss, up to 300 calories per session
- Contributes to weight loss
- Soothes colds and mild asthma
- Promotes restful sleep
Hoping to contribute to your well-being!